Sunday, June 15, 2014

Asher- 12 months old

On June 11th, Asher turned 12 months old!!

Here are some things Ash is up to:
Size 12 and 18-month clothes, size 4 diapers, and size 4 or 5 shoes (mainly due to a wide foot).
Favorite Toy: Probably still his push walker.  He goes everywhere with that thing.  Although he received some fun new toys for his birthday, so we’ll see.
He has gotten pretty clever at using his push walker forward and backward. He will push it forward until stopped by a piece of furniture, cabinet, or wall. Then he’ll go around the other side of it and push it back the other direction.  Smart boy!
Favorite Show:  Curious George.  Ok, now let me preface that I am not a fan of having my child watch much TV.  I don’t want him to get into the habit of staring blindly at it for hours, or let it be the only thing that entertains him.  With that said, any moms out there will probably identify with me when I say that sometimes an age appropriate show can be necessary for MY sanity.  With that said, he just giggles when he sees George.  (It’s also funny to note that his fist Halloween costume was of George, and daddy was the Man in the Yellow Hat. He had never seen the show at that time.) The shows within the show are broken down into like 10-15 minute segments, which are a perfect length for Ash. 
Asher loves balloons and bubbles! (That’s why I decided to do a balloon theme for his birthday. More to come on that.) He shakes his arms and legs in excitement when he sees a balloon.  He has even popped a couple small ones.  It didn’t even scare him!  He just went right on to the next task of attempting to eat the broken pieces. 
He likes water more and is hit and miss on loving his milk much anymore.
This kid still loves to be out and about. Restaurants, stores, you name it. If there are people and things to see, he's there!
Asher is a master at finding a fuzz or microscopic piece of anything on the floor and in the mouth it goes! I adventurously put my finger in his mouth multiple times a day to see what I'll find.
He used to not like to crawl on the tile- carpet only. Now anything goes. He usually just crawls somewhere in order to stand up. It won't be long until he is full on walking!
Here is our little jailbird.  Thank goodness for this gate!  The stairs are on the other side, and while he doesn't like it, at least he's safe!!
My mom and I spend the days we are with Asher following him as he leans against the walls, cabinets, and appliances to walk his way around every room in the house that he can.  I can’t even put him in his jumpy anymore- he cries.  He is a boy on the move!  All-day-long.

Asher has slimed down a bit since becoming more mobile. Don’t get me wrong, he is still in the 69th percentile in weight, but we actually notice a visible difference in “roll reduction”. Haha!  This is good for the reason that he has about caught up to cousins Nolan and Toby in clothes size so the hand-me-downs are getting fewer and farther between. :-)
A few months ago we bought a Baby’s First Toothbrush – what a great investment! He chews on it much of the day and it’s supposed to clean off his little teeth while doing to.  We also use a brush we put on our finger and “brush,” I use this loosely, his teeth.  I found out that he will need to have his first dentist appointment soon after he turns one (what??) so I guess we’re on a good track with that.  Lord help the dentist, though, as he often bites down hard on our finger!
Asher has started to do this little closed mouth chuckle. I think it’s hilarious!  I haven’t been able to capture it on video yet.
I’ve noticed that when he’s tired he plays with his hair.  This is funny to me because I do the same thing.
Asher loves the way my mom sings the ABCs to him.  She does it silly by accentuating certain letters and he belly laughs at it.  It’s great.
Memaw started this thing where she says, “I give you Smoochie Moochies!!”  And then kisses him.  He gets such a kick out of it.  Now Brandon and I say it too.  I even call him “Smooch” half of the time.  Again, a nickname not suitable for when he realizes what we’re saying.

May 17- Haircut #2!! It went amazingly well! What a handsome little man.



June 5- Asher took his first steps!!  What a major accomplishment for our Smoochie Moo!
This video wasn't of his first steps, but it's the only ones we've caught on film. :-)

Cousin time!  I love it!

Time with friends after swimming lessons.

Here is how he's used the walker lately- lol!


Here is the last video I got of Ash in his jumpy.  As I mentioned- he won't let us put him in there anymore.

Big Guys Rule!

One "Wild and crazy guy"!

Fun with a little backyard photo shoot.


Thus ends my monthly Asher updates.  I cannot believe he’s one and I’ve done 12 months of updates!!  So many memories for Brandon and I. What an amazing year with our little blessing!

Don’t get too excited though- I’ll still be updating on special events and happenings in the Dahl world.  (Hopefully to the reading enjoyment of some of you. :-))

No comments: