Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Rain!

Arizona rain- many times an oxymoron here.  I think I have a love/dislike relationship with the rain.  If I can stay home it's great.  I love the smell and the way the outside always seems fresh and new after a good rain.  And, I think I'll stay positive and stop there.
Having a child really does make me see so many things in a fun, new, and more positive light.
Asher is an outdoor boy through and through.  Which Brandon and I laugh about since he didn't inherit a love for being in nature from us.  Don't get me wrong, we appreciate God's creation, but I think Asher really LOVES the outdoors.  So far anyway. :-)
Every day he presses his little hands and face on the back door longing to be on the other side.  Now while we do take him out sometimes, let's be reasonable- it's been stinking hot and the bugs are out in droves lately!!  Still Asher doesn't care.
These latest storms are the first time Asher noticed the rain.  And after seeing his little face and hands on the back door one afternoon, I said why not and ventured out with him.  What's a little rain going to hurt anyway?!  His sheer JOY was more than enough reassurance for me that we should have fun in the rain!!






No comments: