Saturday, January 7, 2017

Asher- 3 1/2 years old

Here are some things that Asher is loving at 3 1/2 years old.
Cooking!! (With adults, but mainly mama.)
Distinguishing between what kids and "adults" can do; and he'll say the word adults a lot
Good guys and bad guys- while playing
Being a superhero- and assigning others super powers too
Mickey Mouse!!
Being "fancy"- this means having his hair styled
Being a doctor 
Putting toys in time out because they don't listen to the other toys. 
Swinging
Candy Land- he’s just getting into games more
iPad- playing little puzzle and games, or watching shows
Doing pretty much everything by himself. 
Favorite color- red
Learning about days, months, and seasons
At Thanksgiving 2016 when asked what he was thankful for, Asher said Maggie. Melt my heart!!  He's such a great big brother!!

Common phrases of Asher's:
Are you kidding me? 
It's a volcano! A volcano's coming!!- for some reason, this comes out of his mouth a lot
Yeah but...
Why?

Other funny things he's said:
I keep my shirt out so people think I'm handsome. 
No don't fix my hair!! I only want it a little handsome!!
After having to have me use the wooden spoon to swat his bum, he says, "You should get a bigger spoon."
Why is it that kids/boys find the word poop so funny?? Trying to teach him not to just randomly say it. 
I'm a medium boy. 
I'll go potty because superheroes go potty. 
My latest invention, (turns around and pulls pants down) my bum!!

Singing- yes, this boy still loves music and singing!!
Favorite song- Hallelujah (Pentatonix)
We are working on understanding when it's appropriate to sing and also about voice volume.
He was obsessed for months with the songs/videos from VBX.
3 little Asher's are on the go song – a song he made up; we aren't sure who the 3 Ashers are lol!! Not sure if song writing is in his future.
3 little Asher's are on the go.
He's the boy and he's ready to go.
He's the boy and he's ready to go!!

Thanks for bringing so much joy and excitement into our lives!  We love you buddy!!



No comments: