Monday, June 25, 2012

And They Lived...


April 14, 2012
Our Wedding Day- Part 1
(I wanted to include lots of pictures, so I separated into parts.  Ok, and I also know I am a "wordy" person...)

What an amazing and surreal day!


In anticipation of the “big day,” I think it’s only natural for most girls to get a picture in their mind of how things will look, and how they will go.  I was no exception.  I told myself a million times to be ok with the fact that something (or things) may not go as planned, and that it’s ok!  I was thrilled with our locations, my dress, and all who would be celebrating with us, and that helped me to put things in perspective.  
Strangely enough, I really feel that I went through most of the day in somewhat of a state of disbelief that I was actually and finally living this day- my wedding day!


An important note:  the weather, which is always pretty much our standard AZ warm and dry, decided to throw us a loop in the form of rain.  Hmmm…

The day really got a jump-start when my husband-to-be called me around 7:30am to give me a an update:  the boys moved the tables and chairs which were so meticulously set out on Friday, to mow the lawn.  Oh, and they did not put them back.  A test right off the bat- how would I handle something not going as planned?  So I lovingly said, “Why not?” (I’m sure it was filled with love-haha!)  Brandon informed me that it was “inevitable” that it would rain, so the tables and chairs needed to stay under that patio for now.  I panicked and went through my thoughts on how our reception will possibly be set up, and who would do so?  More to come on this…


Mom picked me up to go get my hair done and to grab lunch.  Then we made our way to the church and things became more real, yet still surreal- a very strange feeling.  My bridesmaids Jen, Adrianne and Belinda were also arriving, along with my precious flower girls Kaylee and Alexa.  The girls were so excited, and had their adorable dresses and flower baskets.  The bigger girls were set to go, too.  I loved the way their dresses turned out! Set aside the fact that all were dressed for a warm AZ spring day, although it was only 65 degrees, and it was perfect!




Belinda did my makeup and did a fab job!  Now to get my dress on.  This was a group effort, and the brideroom suddenly seemed smaller when filled with lots of ivory organza fabric.  Yet, our mission was accomplished- complete with mom’s garter, the embroidery on the inside hem of my dress (it is blue and mom had it made to say Brandon and Amanda, April 14, 2012), and a crystal studded hair comb (thanks Kim!).  I was ready to go!


To be continued...


No comments: