Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Our Wedding Day- Part 3


Part 3 (and final-thank goodness!)

We arrived at the house a little ahead of schedule and decided to do pictures first.  We just walked down the street a bit.  The light was pretty cool and shining through the clouds- definitely not something that would have happened on a normal sunny day.  We had fun with this photo session!  



Only one more task in front of our guests to accomplish- the first dance, yikes!  We had a couple of private lessons (we were decent, but it was more about having fun and knowing something to do while people were watching us dance).  We worked out some move combos (we did NOT choreograph) and practiced to Nora Jones’ Come Away with Me.  Brandon actually researched songs that were in 3 / 4 time (waltzes)- so cute!  So we practiced and practiced all the move combos we knew and although the guy leads, I was still so nervous that I would forget everything!
I remember the DJ announcing each member of our bridal party to come outside to the reception.  She then announced us and I took a deep breath as Brandon grabbed my hand to lead me out.  Our music started and it was now or never. :-)  We danced and really did have fun.  Although he quietly talked me through most of the steps because he knew I was so nervous, we successfully made it through and people even clapped for us! 




Brandon thanked everyone for coming, our pastor blessed the food, and it was time to eat!  I can actually say that we both ate and were able to enjoy our dinner!  I hear so many friends tell me that they did not get a chance to eat at all, or quickly ate very little at their wedding.  I did NOT want this to happen.  I’m so glad we were able to eat leisurely and enjoy ourselves. 




Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, too, with appetizers, dinner and drinks.  Although it was cold, we were lucky enough to have 6 heaters disbursed throughout the yard.  Both Jen and Steve gave wonderful toasts to us and then the dancing began.  We had great DJs and people stayed on the dance floor all night!  We did take a break to enjoy our wonderful brownie tower, prepared by Ali.  She really outdid herself!  It looked amazing!   I was so thinking that B would get brownie all over my face, but he was a good boy and did not. :-)
I was ready to go dance when he said he needed to do something first.  He grabbed a microphone and music started to The Way You Look Tonight.  Talk about another surreal moment!  My new husband sang to me in front of all of our guests!  The song was so perfect, he did an awesome job, and he knows I love all things Frank (he even had a very "Frank" looking hat on).  Thanks babe- I will never forget it!




After that we did dance the night away and finally left through a tunnel of sparklers. What an amazing day and night! 




I feel so blessed to have so many amazing memories of this day and night!  And things would not have been quite so meaningful if it weren’t for our family and friends celebrating with us.  We are so thankful for all who played a role and all who celebrated our wedding with us!

No comments: