Friday, April 5, 2013

28 weeks



So I am now to the point where I go to the doctor every 2 weeks!  Wow- where does the time go?
All has been going pretty well, except I had a little scare in that they thought I may have gestational diabetes.  I had to eat a special "diet" for 3 days and then go in for a round of 4 blood tests over 3 hours.  For those of you who have gone through this before (and even multiple times) I commend you as it was NO fun.
Here is the "diet" I was to follow.   I use that word loosely as if you are able to read the paper in the photo, it is basically high carb and high sugar.


Really, I have to have a small candy bar each afternoon?  Funny how when told that I needed to, I didn't feel like eating one.
Yet, I am so pleased and thankful to say that after all that, my tests came back normal- no diabetes!!!

Asher moves around all the time now.  Ok, I am sure that it is more likely that I feel him more as he has less room to move around.  It is such a neat feeling and something I wouldn't trade for anything.
My "heater" has also kicked in (as Brandon says).  The always cold Amanda is now on the warmer side.  Oh boy, just in time for summer!!


No comments: