Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Deck the Halls

I've loved having the house all festive and decorated for Christmas!







I hosted Christmas Eve dinner for the family and all went great! Each year my amazingly talented husband sings at the Highlands Church Christmas Eve service and this year was no exception.  We all gathered to enjoy some time at church and then headed back to the house for a yummy dinner.

Don't we look great?!
Here were some fun centerpieces I made.  I really try to take advantage of fresh cranberries this time of year.  No, I haven't made my own sauce, but instead I use them as decorations.  The top greenery is actually rosemary, but I think it really looks like pine.

Here are the cranberry filled mason jars again, yet this time transformed for New Year's Eve.  Brandon said he read that the term "deck the halls" traditionally referred to New Year's, as opposed to Christmas, which is good since I'm writing this closer to New Year's Eve.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

No comments: