Thursday, July 17, 2014

Table Project

Warning- I am not a professional. Lol! So now that that's cleared up, I found the cutest table and chair set at Goodwill for $8. I had a vision of having a set for Ash and cousins/friends to use in the playroom.
I was in the Goodwill car unloading line and watched the guy in front of me take it out of his SUV. When I pulled up I asked the employee about it and he said he would price it now and meet me in the store. He did clarify that he wasn't allowed to sell it to me from the back loading area. So I'm guessing this kind of shady request is proposed to him often?? Haha- never thought I'd be a Goodwill backroom stalker.  
All I had to do was paint it and it would be good to go. (It was in pretty rough shape when you looked up close.)  Yet sometimes I "sit" on things- so to speak, only a small pun intended- when I don't exactly know what I'm doing. I love creative projects, yet feel my brain is FRIED post-baby. Anyone?? Yet I can do basic things and copy ideas like the best of them.
Spray paint- I'm totally new to spray paint. I asked a couple of friends for tips. I sanded it down- I did know that much- got my tarp and paint space ready, and hoped for the best.
Final result- I love using spray paint! And I think the chairs turned out great!! B brush-painted the table (thx for the help babe) yet we realized next time for the ease and consistency, we'd just spray it all. (I was using up paint we had.)

One small project down, hopefully more to come!

No comments: