Thursday, August 7, 2014

Summer Fun in CA

While we often head to California to see family, this year’s summer vacation was for a very specific reason- cousin Lauren’s wedding!! 
We took the first part of the trip to have some fun.  Our first stop was Santa Barbara.  Can I just say how much I love it there!  I am not one to say that I could or would want to live that many other places, but Santa Barbara is on that very short list.  B and I dream of retiring there.  Probably just a pipe dream, but it’s fun to imagine anyway. 






We enjoyed a couple of different beaches.  This was a huge deal for our little family as Asher saw the ocean for the first time!  He really did love being on the beach and having the ocean breeze in his hair.  









We also took some time for Jen and I to relive some childhood memories.  To do so we went to Solvang and Buellton.  Not your top California destinations?  Really??
So Solvang is this super cute Dutch town.  We have a Dutch heritage, so it only seems fitting.  Now this place has really grown from how we remember it!  Still super cute though.




Right by Solvang is Buellton.  I’m not sure what this place is really known for, but Jen and I associate it with one place- Pea Soup Andersen’s!!  Not the best overall food I’ve ever had (yet the pea soup does not disappoint) but there’s just something about the whole aura of the place.  So if you go to Andersen's, you must have your picture taken in the sign.  Jen and I had one taken about 20 years ago, and had an updated version taken this trip.  So fun!




The drive into this whole area is something to behold.  It reminds me of the European countryside, or maybe wine country.  It’s so beautiful- I couldn’t get enough!!  You'll have to see/experience it for yourselves- I didn't take any pictures.  They wouldn't do it justice anyway. :-)

Here are some miscellaneous fun time pics and videos.
Yep, the boys are actually feeding each other.  Precious!




Lauren’s wedding was just beautiful and so much fun!  Yet for me, the kids stole my heart and attention that night.  I got to spend some quality time with my special guy.

This picture was taken by one of the bridesmaids while watching the photographer get some quick shots in.  So far, it's my absolute favorite!!

1 comment:

The Schossow's said...

I love all of these photos!!