Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Halloween

Over time, I'm learning that things rarely go as planned.  Especially holidays.  Yet, I'm also learning that no matter the expectations (mine or those of others) if I let myself be in the moment and take things as they come- they are better!!
This was Asher's second Halloween.  It was going to be great.  I had borrowed a cute shark costume from my sister for him and we were going to spend time with my sister's family and then go to an event with my small group.  So fun.
In typical AZ weather, it was still super hot and this shark costume (while cute) was thick material and covered the entire body.  (I kept thinking positively that it would be cool enough and he would be fine.)  Yet, in order for Asher not to overheat, we made a last minute decision that this was not going to work.  Plan B- jammies with a little skeleton body. He was still soooo cute!
Next on the agenda was Trick-Or-Treating.  Candy bucket- check.  Friends to go with- check.  A wagon or stroller to sit in if he got tired- check.  We were off- to about 4 houses.  Then Asher grabbed on to Brandon super tight and let us know he had had enough.  No more.  We tried to encourage him that it was fun and to try one more.  Nope.  Not having it.  He's only a little guy- sometimes that's easy to forget.
                                            We hung out with our friends the Slager family.
It was 7pm.  We ventured home.  Then we discovered that Asher did like Halloween and was having fun.  He just liked the other side- being at home and handing out candy.  The kid came to life!  He had a blast.
He just squealed with excitement each time the doorbell rang.  He ran to the door and helped hand out the candy.  I think he felt he had a little job.  See for yourself.

Bonus feature:  still sporting the Halloween jams and dancing away to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. 

Happy Halloween!  Love, Asher



No comments: